By: Jeff Graham
Each year, the White House Correspondents dinner makes headlines for it’s edgy remarks and controversial jokes, and this year is no different. Stand up comic Hasan Minhaj shocked audiences with his sharp set. Here are the top five jokes from the dinner.
- “In four hours Donald Trump will be tweeting about how badly Nicki Minaj bombed at this dinner”
- “Only in America can a Muslim get on this stage and make fun of the President”
- “A lot of people told me Hasan that if you go after the administration it would be petty, unfair, and childish. In other words ‘presidential,’ so here we go.”
- “Fox News for gave Bill O’Reilly a $25 million severance package, the only package he won’t force a woman to touch.”
- “A lot of people think Steve Bannon is the reason Trump dog-whistles to racists… Is Steve Bannon here? I do not see Steve Bannon. Not see Steve Bannon. Notsee Steve Bannon… Nazi Steve Bannon.”